Join Our Team: Must Love Dogs!
Job description: Camp Counselor - Dog Handler
Must be flexible/Kennel Experience Preferred but not required
Upscale Doggie Day Care & Boarding Facility located in Waxhaw, NC.
We are currently seeking an individuals for Full-time, long term career.
Must be flexible with schedule working shifts from 7AM - 1PM and 3PM - 9PM must be able to work nights, weekends, and ALL holidays. Dog handling experience is preferred and MUST love to be around and work with dogs. We are looking for someone who is a Self Starter, Dependable and Punctual.
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Monitoring dogs of ALL SIZES and BREEDS in an open play yard environment
Cleaning kennels, play yards, and facility
Picking up/cleaning up after dogs
Monitor the dogs' personal belongings, feeding, water and giving medications
Bathing dogs of all sizes
Interacting with clients/public
MUST live no more than a 30 minute radius of Waxhaw, NC
MUST be able to work various shifts, including: nights, weekends, and ALL holidays
Passion for the care of dogs, no fear of dogs
MUST be a team player, dependable and punctual
Have dependable transportation
Able to lift 40+ pounds and be able to stand on feet for long periods of time
Able to interact with the public
Able to pass a background/criminal check
Is this the right job for me?
1. Camp Bark is located on 14 wooded acres, with five outdoor play yards. As our play yards are outdoors bees, wasps, spiders, ants, other insects, lizards and the occasional snake may enter the yards. Are you able to remain calm in their presence and guide dogs away from them if necessary?
2. Working with dogs is dirty work. Duties include picking up poop in the yards, scrubbing down cabins when puppies have accidents, cleaning up vomit when dogs have upset tummies, getting covered in slobber when large breeds shake their heads, and occasionally cleaning up blood if a dog gets a cut. Are you comfortable with cleaning up all manner of bodily fluids on a daily basis?
3. Camp Bark is staffed 365 days a year. Our busiest times are holidays, school breaks, and the summer. We more often than not cannot accommodate time off during holidays and school breaks. Are you able to work during these times?
4. Camp Bark prides itself on being an extremely clean facility. To maintain this all staff participate in daily cleaning including sweeping, mopping, dusting, scrubbing crates and kennels, laundry, dishes, taking out the trash, and general cleaning/organization of all areas. The job is approximately 40% playing with the dogs 60% cleaning. Are you willing to help maintain our facilities in addition to working with the dogs?
5. Camp Bark accepts all breeds of dogs from Chihuahuas to Pit bulls to Great Danes. While monitoring play groups dogs will jump on you, crash into you while playing, and pull heavily on their leashes when you lead them between areas. Do you have any physical limitations that might limit your physical contact with the pups at Camp Bark? Are you fearful of any dogs/breeds?
**Animal hospital experience, vet techs, animal rescue, farm work, and Horse experience, are encouraged to apply**
**Pay rate is Competitive and based on experience**
If you meet the qualifications and have a passion to work with and care for dogs, please submit your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High School or Equivalent
Required license or certification: Driver's License
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.00 - $13.00 per hour